Nowadays, Online tutoring is the word on the streets; it refers to all the courses that are taught through a captured video clip of the teacher explaining the topic, while the students watch these recorded clips over the Internet.
These days, Online Tutoring, is emerging as an altogether different trend to pursue academic courses, this is becoming popular among the students very fast because of its high visible efficiency.Students, these days, prefer to join Online Courses than the regular and conventional classroom teaching mainly because of the fact that you don’t need to waste your time to travel to some institute situated far away and then learn, with online classes, you just need a Personal Computer, a nominal amount of money and you get started. The continuously improving reputation of Online Classes these days is fueling their expansion and nowadays, a student can even get academic degrees while working, while in-between jobs, or while taking the time to raise a family. But, for a small portion of students, the common mentality is that they won’t be able to clear their doubts regarding the topic, and hence they consider not to join these courses but that is not true, some of these courses also provide the option of talking to your teacher after the online session face-to-face through video conferencing which is a big help for shy students to learn. Students in Online Courses are able to manage their time, learn the topics that are presented, and complete assignments on their own.
There are many advantages of using Online Tutoring; following are the main points of advantages:
- You can learn from the best teachers in the globe, that too at your home and at your comfort- If you want to learn from the best teacher than you don’t need to spend a lot of money to travel to another countries, all you need to do is register yourself on their Online Courses pay the required amount and quickly get started. Also, it doesn’t matter where you are; you can start your class anytime and anywhere you want as long as you have your laptop with you. The variety of programs that these courses provide are really appreciable, this means that no matter what you want to study, from nursery lessons to Computer Science, you can find almost everything on these courses.
- It is highly time and cost-efficient- Compared to the regular Classroom sessions, these courses are highly time-efficient as they save a lot of time as you don’t need to travel to your classes. Plus, these courses aren’t too expensive, the charge is absolutely nominal as compared to the advantages they have. To add, the payment system is also easy and flexible. Also, few big Institutions have started the system of free Online Courses, that means whoever can learn anything from the Institute by just getting registered so it a helping hand extended for the section of our society which can not normally afford these courses and it is relatively less burdening than the classroom teaching because you don’t need to travel to someplace with your heavy bag packs and then come back the same way.
- It can be watched anytime in the day- Since you need to download the video of these courses from Internet, you can watch these anytime during the day and you can watch it the number of times you want. So, with this flexibility you can easily work it out according to your timetable, even if you have a job, you can opt for an online course if you wish, while continuing with the job. Also, these courses are free from inappropriate reasons like climate change and mode of traveling, which certainly big factors in the case of classroom are teaching.
- A Clear depiction of the concept with the graphical examples- Since these are actually videos, they often use modern technology like animation to depict few of the examples that are tough to understand simply by verbal explanation. For example, for classroom teaching, it is very difficult to explain the concept of ’Solar System’, while, for online classes, they can easily be explained through animation and graphics tools. Hence, Online Tutoring not only gives a better understanding of the topic because of the usage of animation and graphics to explain, but also students develop interest and fascination towards learning.
- The communication barriers are comparatively very less – It has been found that the teachers on the Online Videos use a very good communication language to explain the concept and students find no communication barriers like the noise barrier between them and the teachers which increases the level of understanding about the concept that the teacher wants to convey. Also, the student-teacher interactions relatively more because these courses offer shy students, an opportunity to participate in class discussions or chats with more ease than face-to-face class sessions. Some students even say that in online courses, the concentration of students is pretty much improved because there are no other distractions and also the for the same reason, teachers also prefer to conduct online sessions rather than the classroom sessions which have a strong need of discipline, otherwise it creates a problem for both students and the teachers.
Above discussed advantages are only a few points, there are actually many advantages of using Online tutoring with an almost negligible number of disadvantages. Conclusively, these courses are both favorable for students as well as teachers, for students it is a big leap from conventional classroom teaching to Online courses, where they get to learn the topics they want to learn and at the time they decide. Also, these topics are taught with relatively more efficiency and at a reasonable fee and requirements. For the teachers, it is a disciplined mode of class sessions without any barrier or distraction so that they can convey the knowledge at their best level with the maximum level of student-teacher interaction.