In previous years, education was done more in a theoretical way without providing any form of examples or practical information regarding the lessons. This used to make the students feel bored as their doubts used to remain unexplained. The rise of educational mobile applications has changed the scenario as they have been able to provide practical information regarding the lessons through the use of audio-visual mode to the students. This has led to change the boring learning environment into interesting one letting the children feel driven towards learning their lessons with more interest.
Further, with the initiation of the educational mobile application, the students are now able to receive information about anything from anywhere they want.
There are various other benefits related to educational mobile applications which are as follows:
- In schools, the lessons are taught within a certain allocated time and the teachers are available to solve the queries of the students for a brief period of time. However, in the case of mobile application, they offer information to the students regarding any subject round the clock. Thus, in this form of application, the learning is not time-bound and is rather relaxing for the students. In time-bound learning, the children are often found to get distracted because they feel bored as a result of continuous learning. However, mobile applications are available all the time and thus the students can learn their lessons accordingly as per their convenience.
- The educational mobile applications are able to create an interactive learning environment for the students. The applications are developed to support students of all skill level and act as an effective aid in learning lessons through various forms of teaching methods like educational games, video tutorials, presentations, and others. The interactive learning framed through the mobile educational applications is effective to make the students become more independent in executing the learning process. The mobile applications are able to make the students become more engaged in learning as the attributes involved in them to deliver lessons to the children are enjoyable in nature.
Thus, the students out of enthusiasm effectively learn the lessons that have a greater impact on their memory to remember the lesson effectively.
- The introduction of educational mobile applications has led the students to make a lower investment of time and money for buying study materials. This is because the applications have led the availability of e-books and online study materials more effectively within a click. The students who are unable to visit the library on time or in a regular manner are able to access any study material within a few clicks. The applications are also effective to allow the students to access a wider number of study materials and books for learning their lesson ensuring enriched learning process.
- In the current state, the mobile has become a part and parcel of our lives and we rarely leave the mobile at home while going somewhere. Moreover, the use of mobile applications has now become a daily routine for us as we often use them for watching videos, playing games and others.
Thus, this way the educational applications have become a continuous companion for the students as it is available at any time and any place for the children to learn their lessons. The rise of the applications has not just confined education within the boundaries of the classroom but has allowed the students to take responsibility for their learning in their own hands. This is because just as the applications help the students to learn they also assist them in evaluating their own progress.
- The mobile applications are one of the wisest choices for the children to use their free time. This is because the children can use their leisure time to learn something different or new through the assistance of the mobile applications along with guaranteed entertainment. The application is thus useful to divert the children’s mind from television and improperly using their leisure hours. Therefore, the mobile applications have been effective to prove their worthiness by helping students to use their leisure time in a productive way.
- In the traditional classroom learning, it is quite impossible for a teacher to concentrate on each student and offer different learning style according to them. However, in the case of mobile application, they are seen to provide individually focused learning to the children. This is because the information and lessons are taught in the application of the same nature in different learning styles. The students using the application selects the learning style that best suits them and accordingly learns the lessons without hindrance.
Moreover, the teacher while teaching a lesson to 30-40 students in the class is not always possible for them to spend extra time on a single student to make them understand the facts through continuous repetition of the same information. This is because the other students may be feeling bored and lose concentration due to repetitive information. However, while using the educational application the study material can be repetitively heard by any students for any number of times until they have understood the fact entirely. Thus, the applications are useful in enriching the educational quality for the students.
- The educational mobile applications are helpful in tracking the student’s progress. The track records of the students are required to be evaluated by the parents on a regular basis so that they can help them to resolve their weakness to get educated in a better way.
- The applications are not only found to be effective in offering better learning but are also effective to let the students, as well as their parents, remain updated about important information regarding educational campuses. Thus, it offers them the opportunity to learn about important things going on in the campus which they would have missed otherwise due to distraction or lack of focus.
Therefore, it can be understood that education is no more a passive activity but is active in nature with the use of proper technological applications. The mentioned benefits are not only the facts to be considered as there are many things that are offered by them in helping students to learn effectively.